Dear colleagues and friends from around the world,
We cannot find words to express our profound gratitude for the amazing World Society Meeting that just took place in Bali, Indonesia!
The science was of the highest quality, the presentations were expertly delivered, the pride to participate was visible, the desire to join hands across the world was genuine, the amazing hospitality of the Indonesian people was marvelous, the setting was magical and the entire meeting was UNFORGETTABLE!
There were so many highlights and achievements!
- The Symposium on the Arterial Switch Operation: from A to Z
- Fantastic Keynote Lectures by Sachin Talwar from India and Christian Brizard from Australia
- The World Database Symposium, Chaired by Jim Kirklin. Jim St. Louis, we missed you, but your contribution to the World Database is immeasurable! We hope your father is better and we send our best wishes!
- The Global Council on Education for Congenital Heart Surgery, led by Richard A. Jonas.
- The attendees from all continents, especially from Southeast Asia!
- The amazing progress in pediatric and congenital heart surgery in many countries around the world was obvious!
- There are a lot of challenges remaining for the future!
Dear friends, united we will continue the work on behalf of the children of the world!
Onto New Delhi, India in September 2020!
With great respect and gratitude,
Marcelo B. Jatene
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Christo I. Tchervenkov
Executive Director and Founding President